Promoting products ahead of the holiday season.
The holidays are an important time for customers. Many people will be purchasing gifts for loved ones. This means it's extra important to communicate to customers clearly, especially if they are about to order a product that won't physically arrive by December 25.
Starting in mid-November, we create a holiday card for every product and add a download link to the product description on your store website.
- The card serves helps the gift feel more special for the holiday season, and adds a bit of personalization since the card will have your name on it.
- The card can be used as a companion for the gift itself, or it can be given by itself for products that won't arrive by December 25.
We'll reach out through the platform to give you a heads up that this is happening! If you don't want this on your store for whatever reason, we can take it down for you.
Most products that are launching on pre-order after mid-September will not be delivered by December 25. This takes into account a typical 3-week campaign window, 7 – 9 weeks to manufacture inventory, and allowing 2 weeks to deliver the product by December 18, leaving a bit of buffer room considering local fulfillment companies are busy during that season.
It's also important to set expectations when promoting your products and store during this time. Customers can be upset if they order something they intend to give as a gift but don't receive it in time.
- Avoid using phrases like "the perfect Christmas gift" or otherwise suggesting that your products will arrive by December 25.
- Mention the holiday cards that customers can download from the product description, so they know they can give this card in place of the physical product if they wish.
- The website product page will clearly indicate that the product is on pre-order and list the expected shipping time, so most customers should be aware of this when they are adding it to their cart.
After December 4, there is a chance that new orders of in stock products will not arrive by December 25. This takes into account 2 weeks to deliver the product by December 18, leaving a bit of buffer room considering local fulfillment companies are busy during that season.
If you are promoting in stock products at this time, please consider the suggestions above that apply to pre-order products launching after mid-September.
- In addition to the measures described above, we will add a note to the website product page at this time to tell customers that the product will not arrive by December 25.